We started our day with making berry-applesauce. Morah Prel showed us how to use our plastic knife to cut the apples. We then added frozen blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Then Morah Perel poured enough water to cover the fruit and Morah Bella and Yakira put it on the stove in the kitchen. We talked about how apples and berries have seeds. We also discussed that this dessert is not only delicious, but very healthy! As we played, each child got a turn to stir the applesauce in the kitchen.
We had a lot of fun playing today at play time.
Then at circle time, we discussed the 3 things plants need to grow; sunlight, water, and soil. Then we split up into 3 groups. As the children played in the backroom, 1 group made a collage showing one of the 3 things plants need to grow.
After, we ate our lunch, we got our applesauce as dessert!
“Please can I have more?” – Rochelle
“I made this dessert” – Yakira
“I like it” – Ilan
(And some of us didn’t like it ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment